Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Work(s) in Progress

There's a new scarf pattern on the way - lacy and open for a spring-into-summer look...

 

...just have to write the pattern and tutorial, chart it, and photograph the steps. It features a fun new picot technique,  and works up well in variegated yarn. I'm hoping to get it posted here and on Ravelry by this weekend.

And this project has been on the back burner for a while: the infamous tissue box cover:

These are just the ends. The rest will be different

I've got the design mostly worked out, but life has been full and the uncompleted tissue box cover has been sitting on a side table for weeks. (And Mr. M replaced the powder-blue-roses box so the incentive is not so strong. The offending box, now empty, is sitting under the lamp table to remind me what all the fuss was about.)

Happy Wednesday to all!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when the season is over before you've created the perfect project for that particular time and place?!? Can't tell you how many times that's happened to me...

    The new scarf pattern is going to be a hit! And you're charting it?!? Wow! I'm trying to chart the pattern I've been working on since April before I publish it... which is why it's not published yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scarf, I like the shades of blue. I read your post on the curtseys of drivers towards bike riders. Over here in England there are not that many biking paths and the drivers get a little impatient. But we still get out there, especially on a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals!

    Deb - my charts aren't high-tech. I just draw them and photograph the drawing. If I did it with a computer program it would take me forever to get all the angles right. Hmmm...know any programmers? We could use some software for that. "Easy-Chart". "Chart-It!"

    Gail - thanks. Yes, we need to get out on our bikes regardless of how the car drivers feel about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....