Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner

Don't you love having breakfast for dinner? I do. Somehow it feels slightly decadent, and utterly self-indulgent, to eat something like waffles in the evening. Or pancakes with sausage. Or scones and quiche. (Or, after a hectic day, a simple bowl of oatmeal.)

Last night I was feeling self-indulgent, so here's what we had for dinner:


Crepes filled with sauteed ham and mushrooms, spinach, Colby-Jack cheese and a kind of sauce suprème, then briefly baked with more sauce and cheese on top. Chopped fresh chives added a bright garnish.

Strawberries from the freezer made for a lovely batch of streusel-topped muffins. (Oh, the smell of those  strawberries - how it brought back the green fields of June and the feel of the hot sun on my back as I picked them.)

A Very Good Breakfast ... for Dinner.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 comments:

  1. Hehe!! Breakfast for dinner does feel indulgent!! Yours looks so yummy!! I forget crepes can be savory!! :) I need to keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So different from a British breakfast, though I am partial to sausage, egg, bacon, tomato and toast for dinner too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love breakfast for dinner, and for lunch, too! My favorite meal of the day!

    But I couldn't resist last night. I had portabella, feta, spinach, tomatoes and a bit of fennel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that looks so good! I've already eaten dinner tonight but your photos are making me hungry again! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....