Thursday, July 24, 2014

New Hampshire?!?

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who like Bob Wiley, and those who don't.

I love Bob Wiley.

~~~

Bob Wiley is the title character of the hilarious movie What About Bob? This comedic gem, starting Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss, is a kind of family cult classic. In fact, we've watched it so many times that much of its dialogue has become part of our functional vocabulary* - so it's no surprise that when I told my nearest and dearest I was heading to New Hampshire at the end of July, they all responded in exactly the same way.

"New Hampshire?!?"

Yes, New Hampshire. Not to Lake Winnipesaukee, but to Manchester, New Hampshire, for the Knit and Crochet Show, a glorious joint convention of the Crochet Guild of America and the Knitting Guild Association. With knit and crochet classes for all skill levels, plus yarn bombing, celebrations, banquets, and shopping, it promises to be a wonderful woolly adventure.

Vashti Braha has kindly invited me to sit in (with samples) on her Intro to Slip Stitch Crochet Technique class; I'll also be taking a class or two myself, and betweentimes revelling in yarny companionship.

It's a beautiful day in Manchester, New Hampshire. Hope to see you here!


~ ~ ~

*"I feel good - I feel great - I feel wonderful." "I said good MORNING, Gil." "There are two kinds of people in this world - those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't." "I need, I need, I need; gimme, gimme, gimme!" "A dog, a frog, a log ... a poodle, a noodle, a doodle...." "I'm taking a vacation - from my problems!""Is this hand-shucked?" "He's not gone - he's never gone!" "If I fake it, I don't have it." And the list goes on and on.... :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

15 comments:

  1. Have the time of your life, and bring back lots of pictures to make us all drool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I know that you will have a fabulous time and will contribute so much to the whole affair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and our family LOVES What about Bob? all things bill murray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun! I can't wait to read all about your adventures! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness you are so lucky and you ae going to have a wonderful time.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to your "Crochet" category but could not find the free pattern for interlocking circles bracelet. I believe they stated on Etsy or Pin Interest (can't remember which one) that you had a free pattern for this. Where can I find it? Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you must mean the Winding Lane Bracelet - if you make two of them you can twist them together for an interlocked look. Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh so happy for you!!! It will be yarny bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I am so happy for you; that will be so fun. May I stow-away?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time Sue, I'm sure there will be many folks who benefit greatly from your expertise; wish I was there too! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sailing!!! Love that movie too. Have fun in New Hampshire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue, hope you have (or had by now) a wonderful time! It's been so long since I've visited - I've gone back and read your vacation posts but didn't know about your accident. Yikes! And thanks for raising money for MS again this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....