Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Limpet Mitts Roundup

Howdy, strangers!

I feel as though I haven't posted anything in a long, long time ... though really it's only been about a week. Work, Christmas preparations, a four-day headache, and the Aged P have taken up most of that time. The weather has been highly unpropitious for outdoor exercise, but excellent for sitting around crocheting while honey caramelcorn bakes in the kitchen. I can see a few extra pounds in my very near future.

In other news, the Limpet Mitts CAL has been a great success. I get such a kick out of the fact that someone, anyone, wants to make a pattern I've designed - it never loses its thrill. So you may imagine with what fond pride I present ... (drumroll please) ... the Limpet Mitts Roundup!

Limpets On Ravelry

1. A lovely pale-gold pair by Hanne-Lore, made from her own onion-skin-dyed yarn:


What a beautiful shade (and very on-trend). Hanne-Lore worked into the Forward Loop Chains of the thumb to create a matching border there.

2. A really striking mitt by aliothsan:


I love the colourwork in these mitts - that contrasting yarn really makes the limpets pop.

3. An elegant silvery-grey pair by cannej:


Cannej also added a pretty border to her thumbs. A lovely detail.

4. A lacy, shimmery mitt by thebeader:


I like the open look of these mitts, and the soft shade of grey.

Limpets in Blogland

5. A warm and cheery red mitt by Teresa:


Teresa and I had great fun emailing back and forth about the progress of her mitt. Though we very often went off-topic, she obviously conquered the pattern. Bravo Teresa!

6. THREE pairs of mitts by Gisela of Un Poquito de Todo (what a great blog name). Soft cream-colour for herself:


And two darling pairs for her daughter, in cream and toasty red:


Notice the creative cuffs - I especially like the lacy v-stitch  on the cream pair.

7. A dainty ivory pair by Anja in Slovenia:


These pretty little mitts make me think of sunny weather and garden parties, with ladies in fluttery dresses and flowery hats.

8. A cosy grey pair by Mere of Mereknits:


Mere tweaked her pattern a bit to get just the fit she wanted around the thumb, adding a bit of extra texture in the process. And just look at her beautiful limpets:


~ ~ ~

Many thanks to all who've participated in the CAL thus far, and to the ladies above for giving me permission to post their photos. I love it when people take one of my patterns and run with it, so I've really enjoyed seeing the individual touches these gals have added to their mitts.

If you're working on a pair of Limpet Mitts, and would like to share your photos with an admiring world, shoot me an email (address in profile at right) or a message in Ravelry (where I'm MrsMicawber). I'd love to see your version and add it to a future post.

~ ~ ~

So, who's ready for Christmas?

(not me!)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

14 comments:

  1. I loved seeing all your CAL mitts.. very fun to see mine in there. You did a mighty fine design, my friend. Thanks for sharing your talents with us. I'm pretty ready for Christmas.. check my blog post from this morning. Just have a few more gifts to get for my 2 little grandsons that live with us.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fabulous! all of them have turned out great, I will be having a go as soon as all the Christmas madness has passed. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely mitts! You sound busy. Happy Christmas to you and your family! Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you all, including the aged P, keep safe and have a lovely time over the coming weeks. And that the headaches keep away. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific turnout for your CAL!!! Of course, you know I love the onion skin-dyed ones the best just because they are naturally dyed. :) But I, too, enjoyed all the personality incorporated into each pair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so fascinating to see the interpretation of the pattern in different yarns...each one uniquely beautiful and a tribute to one of your many talents, Sue. Thanks for posting the photos! And as for being ready for Christmas? Well I am trying to enjoy each moment...emphasis on "trying!" Take a deep breath :-) Love to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! so many pretty pairs of mitts. Everyone put their own "stamp" of workmanship on your beautiful pattern and ended up with works of art. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone's mitts look fantastic. It's great to see the way each person did their own slightly different thing with the pattern. If only I was ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is one more day to go until I can think about my personal Christmas. :-) I will be ready ... :-) All the best to you! Regula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well don't mine just look like rubbish compared to all those other beauties! i picked the wrong yarn that is for sure, my next pair are going to be better.
    Thank you for hosting this CAL, and for teaching me so many new things.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea! I love these--though haven't had time to make any myself.
    And YES, I am ready for the holidays!! But that's only because I've got a huge plan and only one day of school left.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All lovely versions! It's nice to see everyone add their own personal touch and to see how different yarns turn out. Happy holidays, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love the onion-skin dyed yarn! Great job everyone :)

    Thanks a lot Mrs. Micawber for everything, Have you and Mr. Micawber a lovely season. When you are ready :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....