Sunday, May 9, 2021

Flowers for a Friend

This post is lovingly dedicated to the memory of Teresa Kasner: artist, illustrator, designer, craftswoman, generous contributor and volunteer, avid collector, loving and beloved wife, mother, grandmother, blogger, and friend.

Teresa's blog was a lovely place, full of warmth and life. She enjoyed chronicling the doings of her family and pets, her meetings with friends, the scenic beauty of Oregon and the Columbia River Gorge, her ongoing craft projects, and her amazing collections of antique glass and furniture. The flowers and trees that grew on her farm, and her beloved red barn, were frequent and familiar sights to all her blogging friends.

I'll miss reading Teresa's blog posts, and seeing her cheery comments on mine, often adorned with flourishes of type that reflected the season or holiday or simply her happy love of decoration.

Thank you, Teresa, for adding so much beauty to the world. These flowers are for you.











Lapel pin designed by Teresa. She
brought it as a gift for me when we
met in 2018.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful emotive tribute Sue!

    We will all miss her so very much! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. Such sad news for all her friends.

      Delete
  2. Sue, you did a wonderful job with this touching tribute. She will be missed by so many. Stay safe my friend, we must lean on each other to get through this loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She left this world too soon and way too quickly. Rest in peace Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely remembrance. She would appreciate the flowers. It is so hard to fill the hole left when someone leaves us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I think she would like the flowers; she always had so many pretty flower photos on her blog.

      Delete
  5. What a loss for us all. I feel so for his family. I can't believe our funloving and creative Teresa is not blogging. But she's with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue I appreciate so much your remembrance of Teresa...so many good memories including time with Teresa and you ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back! She said so many times how glad she was that we could get together. I felt the same. I'm so sorry for your loss, Gracie.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely floral tribute for Teresa. All those who knew her through her blog will miss her sorely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful tribute Sue, she will be greatly missed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful and loving tribute to Teresa. She touched so many lives and will truly be missed. Your flowers for her were perfect! Blessings always dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you!

      All these photos were from a bike ride taken a few days before her death. When I looked through them I couldn't believe how many of them reminded me of her. There seemed no more fitting tribute to someone who had loved flowers as much as I did.

      Delete
  10. She would so love those. What a meaningful tribute. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb. She was a good friend to many bloggers.

      Delete
  11. She was so lovely, such a loss for many people. CN x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have had crocheted hearts from a pattern by Teresa. They remind me of her every time I see one. Now there is even more special meaning to the hearts.

    All the best!

    Regula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Regula! I had forgotten about that heart pattern. What a nice reminder of her.
      Hope you are doing well, and having a nice spring. We are still having cold nights here (some with frost), but soon, I hope, it will be warm enough to plant flowers. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Speak on....