Monday, September 27, 2021

Online Live Loop Cable Classes for October

 Many thanks to all who left kind comments on my last post. I really appreciate your words of comfort.

~ ~ ~

In October I'll be teaching two online classes for the Crochet Guild of America:

Live Loop Cables II

This is a 2-day class, held on Saturday October 2nd and Saturday October 9th, from 1:30-3:30 pm, US Central Daylight Time.

Live Loop Cables II is a follow-up class for those who have already taken Intro to Live Loop Cables, or have completed a Live Loop cable project.

In this class, you'll learn to work Live Loop (LL) cables in back and forth rows, then take your skills to the next level with advanced cable techniques including horizontal LL cables, branching cables, merged cables, continuous or ring cables, and raised cables.

Click here to find out more. Registration for Live Loop Cables II closes Tuesday September 28th.

Archness Wrap

This is a 3-day class, held on Saturday October 16th, 23rd, and 30th, from 1:30-2:30 pm, US Central Daylight Time.

The Archness Wrap class is aimed at students who have completed Live Loop Cables II or who have completed a Live Loop cable project in back-and-forth rows.

In this class, you'll use your Live Loop skills to stitch a beautifully cabled center panel, then work outwards from each side to form lacy crochet "wings". The Archness Wrap features many unusual techniques, including Live Loop cables and bobbles, "cheater" I-cord edging, twisted loop lace, and more. All techniques will be demonstrated and practiced on a miniature sample during class time. Finished wrap size is approximately 82" wide by 13" deep. Pattern will include written directions, charts, illustrated tutorials for special techniques, and ideas for varying the size of your wrap.

Click here to find out more. Registration for the Archness Wrap closes Tuesday October 12th.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

8 comments:

  1. Good luck! This sounds wonderful. What's the time difference? 8 hours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me, I am awestruck by what you can do!
    I do marvel at your talent and admire it very much.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wrap is gorgeous just right for the beginning of Autumn. I do like the colour too. Glad for you that your online classes are underway again. They sound very interesting! Enjoy! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing this blog. I have been teaching myself crochet during the pandemic and am currently following your limpet mitts tutorial which is great - especially now I have discovered how to watch youtube videos very slowly. I have a pattern from bluprint (now craftsy I think) which I think might be one of yours, called Apple Picking Mitts. I wondered if you had a video tutorial for that one too as the pattern shorthand is a little hard for me to understand and I have struggled with it a bit.I have looked for one but cannot find it, so ended up doing the limpet mitts instead - which are a very acceptable replacement. Thanks for your wonderful work. I'm so enjoying learning this skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat,

      I don't have a video tutorial for the Apple Picking Mitts, but feel free to email me with any particular questions. I'm so glad you're enjoying learning crochet!

      Delete
  5. Sue, I had to change my site again, but IM writing now:
    https://knittinggenes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....