Friday, March 9, 2012

A Quiet Celebration


Today is an anniversary of sorts - or, to put it in blogging terms, a blogiversary. One year ago today, with great trepidation, I published my first post - and "Mr. Micawber's Recipe for Happiness" was sprung upon an unsuspecting world.

I had hoped to celebrate this day with flags flying and trumpets blaring, with virtual balloons and cyber cupcakes - but the events of last month have changed things a bit. So instead of a gala anniversary post, I'd really just like to say "Thank you." To all of you who have read this blog over the past year; to those who have left thoughtful and funny and kind and loving comments; to those who have become my friends across the miles that separate us: it's been so much fun, and a wonderful privilege, to connect with you all through this page.


A giveaway will be held later this month, and meanwhile I will leave you with some astonishing (to me) statistics:

Pageviews in the last year: 246,947 (!)
Most-viewed post: Bean Blossom Scarf
Most-commented on post: Queen Anne's Lace Tutorial
Most popular on Ravelry: Birchbark Slippers (425 favorites), Flowering Clematis (413 favorites)
Most projects on Ravelry: Queen Anne's Lace with Matching Ends (39), Bean Blossom Scarf (30)

(It would seem that free crochet patterns hold a powerful appeal.)

And, in case you're wondering:

My favourite design: Double Thistle Scarf
My favourite post: A tossup between The Virus and the Tissue Box and Micawber's Law
My favourite readers: All of you

Thank you all, so very much, for joining me over the last year. Stay tuned for the giveaway and for March's free pattern.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

15 comments:

  1. Dear Sue,

    Sincerely it has been an enormous pleasure to visit you. I think about you after 'the events of last month' and hope you are feeling as well as possible.

    Warmest wishes from springlike France.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Micawber,
    Happy Blogiversary! What is there to say? You have a graceful wit and a beautiful heart. You have talented hands and an oh-so-clever mind. What's not to like? You may have lots of 'hits' on the free crochet pattern posts, but don't think for a minute that is the only reason people love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you entered the blogosphere. It is richer because of you! And I'm so glad we've become "friends"!

    Happy blogoversary!!! Love that little cupcake. (Now we need some sort of doohickey to turn that word into an icon like on Ravelry! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very glad I got to know you through our mutual cheerfulness on planet penny's weekly round-up. Your writing and photographs make me ponder, smile and want to be more creative....a real inspiration!

    Looking forward to carrying on walking with you and seeing the seasons change and hearing your news over the next year!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, in blogging terms we're almost exactly the same age ! Happy blogoversary dear Sue, and may you enjoy very many more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post for a blogiversary! Congrats Sue, I'm glad your here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sue,
    Happy Blogiversary to You!!!! The cupcake is so sweet!! :)

    I'm very blessed by your thoughts, photos, poetry, recipes, crochet...everything!! Ultimately though it's you shining through your words that draws me. I feel like I know you...and if one day, if we do meet, I'll feel like I've known you forever!! :)

    Thank you for unleashing yourself upon the internet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your blogaversary.
    I was wondering about your stats, so thanks for sharing. The attraction is most definitely your wonderful designs. It's amazing how popular the Queen Anne's Lace pattern is. It's my most popular post too.
    I learned that's the secret for getting mass hits and followers is providing original designs and clear tutorials. You have the talent for it. Write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it really a whole year? I am so glad that I found your blog, you have brightened my life, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your anniversary. I have been following for awhile now. I first came to your blog via Queen Anne Lace and have followed since because of how you do your blog. It is all great. Congrats again.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogiversary, can't tell you how much I've enjoyed your Blog since I discovered it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a new follower on your blog, but I look forward to each post. Thanks for blogging and happy blogiversary

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....