Saturday, May 14, 2011

Toot Sweet #2


Here's another Toot Sweet for your gustatory pleasure.

What's a Toot Sweet, you ask?  As explained in this post,  it's my name for a quick little, sweet little snack that can be made whilst the kettle boils and the tea steeps.

I usually make Toot Sweets when I'm alone of an afternoon.  But Mr. M likes this one so much I sometimes make it after dinner.

Glorified Oatmeal-y Chex (for 2)

Put 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar in small saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon each peanut butter and honey.  Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Let boil for about 10 seconds, then remove from heat.

Dump in some Chex (I have no idea how much.  Cup and a half?) and a quarter cup of old-fashioned oatmeal.  Stir to coat thoroughly.  If you have extra syrupy stuff, add a bit more Chex and stir again.  If you're into granola, you could also add some raisins or sunflower seeds.  I just stick with Chex and oatmeal.

Divide mixture between two bowls.  Let cool for a few minutes. You may eat the pan scrapings while you wait for it to cool.  It will get nice and chewy-crunchy.

Give one bowl to someone you love.  If you really love them, give them the bowl that has the most in it.  (You got to lick the pan, after all.) Munch away.  If your conscience nags you about the sugar, remind it that oatmeal is good for you.


Recipe may of course be halved and enjoyed alone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 comments:

  1. Hello, so nice to meet a fellow cycling blogger! It would be nice to see some photos from your rides but I understand about wanting to keep peddling, I'm always stopping & starting which is why I like cycling on my own most of the time.
    Early Spring was indeed unusually warm here, but this last week has been cold again, with quite a bit of rain.
    I like the sound of your toot sweets...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....